Words to Live By in Troubled Times (1)
For the next few days let’s renew our minds with some of the wonderful promises God has given to us through His Word. Let’s not just read them casually, but process them slowly, deeply, prayerfully and repeatedly, letting the truth of them change our thinking and strengthen our faith.
1) ‘No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD’ (Isaiah 54:17 NKJV).
2) ‘The LORD…is with you; never again will you fear any harm…he is mighty to save. He will…deal with all who oppressed you’ (Zephaniah 3:15-19 NIV 1984 Edition).
3) ‘Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged because of the king…With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us…fight our battles’ (2 Chronicles 32:7-8 NIV 2011 Edition).
4) ‘My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my…fortress, I shall never be shaken’ (Psalm 62:1-2 NIV 1984 Edition).
5) ‘Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand’ (Philippians 4:6-7 TLB).
6) ‘For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord’ (Romans 8:38-39 NKJV).
‘The word of our God stands forever.’ Isaiah 40:8 NKJV