WHAT’S STOPPING YOU? FEAR OF SUCCESS! (4)
In order to overcome your fear of success you must do these six things:
1) Give yourself ample time to complete critical tasks that your success hinges on.
2) Guard your ‘success-already-in-progress’, and don’t engage in actions that thwart it.
For example, accumulating cash reserves for your small business and then spending them on clothes instead of marketing and publicity.
3) Follow up with key individuals who can influence outcomes significant to your success.
Get rid of the idea that you are unworthy of their attention, or that they wouldn’t have time for someone like you.
‘Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before unknown men’ (Proverbs 22:29 NKJV). Boaz not only owned the field that Ruth was gleaning wheat in, he fell in love with her and married her. Today there are people observing you who are capable of blessing you.
4) Associate with goal-oriented finishers who get things done, and who demonstrate the right priorities in doing so.
Watch how they operate and emulate the God-honoring aspects of their behavior.
5) Consider the good you can do as a successful person.
Think of the non-selfish actions you could take, or the ministries and causes you could support, if you had wealth beyond your needs.
6) Understand that success is God’s idea, and He gives it to us to fulfil His purposes.
As long as your motive is to please God and do His will, you can stand on this Scripture: ‘…the Lord gave him success in everything he did.’
‘…the Lord gave him success in everything he did.’ Genesis 39:3 NIV
ENCOURAGEMENT 4 TODAY
Psalm 40:1, 10, 16
I waited patiently for the Lord; He inclined to me & heard my cry.
He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, & set my feet upon a rock making my steps secure.
He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God.
I have not hidden your deliverance within My heart.
I have spoken of your faithfulness & your salvation.
May all who seek You rejoice & be glad in You; may those who love Your salvation say continually “great is the Lord!” as for me, I am poor & needy, but the Lord takes thought of me.
You are my help & my deliverer; do not delay, o my God!
Wait patiently on God! Cry to Him! He hears you & loves you! He is coming to pick you up! He will put a new song in your mouth! Speak of Him today! Pour out your heart to God! He longs to be gracious to you! He will pick you up & wash you clean! Seek Him today! Never delay!