What you get from reading God’s Word
God promises certain things to those who take time each day to get to know Him through His Word.
Let’s look at some of them:
1) Joy. ‘When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, LORD God Almighty.’
2) Strength. ‘Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified’ (Acts 20:32 NIV 2011 Edition).
3) Peace. ‘Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble’ (Psalm 119:165 NIV 2011 Edition). ‘If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river’ (Isaiah 48:18 NIV 2011 Edition).
4) Stability. ‘I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure’ (Psalm 16:8-9 NIV 1984 Edition).
5) Success. ‘Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful’ (Joshua 1:8 NIV 1984 Edition).
6) Answered prayer. ‘If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you’ (John 15:7 NIV 2011 Edition). Joy, strength, peace, stability, success, and answered prayer – these are the things everybody wants.
Don’t you want them too?
Well, look no further. God has promised them to you when you spend time with Him in His Word each day.
‘Your words…[are] my joy and my heart’s delight.’ Jeremiah 15:16 NIV (2011 Edition)