Go on a Complaining Fast
Whatever you keep doing becomes a habit. That’s why James says, ‘…do not complain…’ Author Jon Gordon says, ‘A complaining fast won’t just make everyone around you happier…you’ll experience more joy, peace, success, and positive relationships.’
So instead of complaining when things go wrong:
1) Practice gratitude. Giving thanks for three blessings every day energizes you and makes you feel happier. It’s impossible to be grateful and negative at the same time.
2) Encourage others. Instead of complaining about what people do wrong, focus on what they’re doing right. ‘…encourage…people who are afraid. Help those who are weak. Be patient with everyone’ (1 Thessalonians 5:14 NCV). It’s okay to criticize people’s weaknesses as long as you balance it with three times more praise.
3) Focus on your success. Start a success journal. Every night before you go to bed, write down something great about your day. It could be an uplifting conversation…or an accomplishment you’re proud of. There’s truth to the old saying, ‘Nothing succeeds like success.’ When you focus on success you set the stage for more to follow.
4) Learn to let go. Instead of obsessing about what you can’t change, focus on what you can influence. When you stop trying to control everything and place your life in God’s hands, things have a way of working out.
5) Use the power of prayer. Paul says, ‘…pray…on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests…’ (Ephesians 6:18 NIV). Prayer reduces stress, boosts positive energy, and promotes health. When you’re under pressure, instead of complaining, plug in to God’s power and recharge your batteries.
‘…do not complain…’ James 5:9 NCV
ENCOURAGEMENT 4 TODAY
I will bless the Lord at all times! His praise shall continually be in my mouth! Oh, magnify the Lord with me, & let us exalt his name together! I sought the Lord & he answered me & delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant & their faces shall never be ashamed! This poor man cried, & the Lord heard him & saved him out of all his troubles! The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, & delivers them! Oh, taste & see that the Lord is good! The young lions suffer want & hunger; but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous & his ears toward their cry. When the righteous cry for help the Lord hears & delivers them out of all their troubles! The Lord is near to the brokenhearted & saves the crushed in spirit! Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all!!!
O taste & see how beautiful Jesus is! Look to Him & you will be radiant! Seek Him today! Never delay!