Five All-Important Answers
Paul asks five all-important questions:
1) ‘If God is for us, who can ever be against us?’ The assurance of God’s presence tilts the scales in your favor. So whatever you’re facing today, remind yourself, ‘God is for me.’
2) ‘Since [God] did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t [God]…give us everything else?’ (v. 32 NLT). Think about it: would God save your soul, then leave you to fend for yourself? Or address your eternal needs and not your earthly ones? No!
3) ‘Who dares accuse us…? No one – for God himself has given us right standing with himself’ (v. 33 NLT). Every accusing voice, including your own, counts for nothing in the court of heaven. God’s acceptance trumps everybody else’s rejection – and He accepts you because He sees you ‘in Christ’.
4) ‘Who then will condemn us?…Christ Jesus died for us…he is sitting in the place of honour at God’s right hand, pleading for us’ (v. 34 NLT). When your accusers rise up and speak against you, Jesus, your defense lawyer, silences them. Why? Because His blood covers you!
5) ‘Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love?’ (v. 35 NLT). Paul answers his own question: ‘Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow – not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love…nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord’ (vv. 38-39 NLT). Knowing these five truths will help you enjoy your day and sleep better at night!
‘If God is for us, who can ever be against us?’ Romans 8:31 NLT