Holding a grudge is costly, and you and the people in your life end up footing the bill! In all probability the offender has moved on, forgotten the offense, and left you holding the bag. But in reality, blame, not the offender, is the crux of the problem. And until you understand and accept that, you will continue to be upset.
Don’t let your grudges fester and turn into:
1) Self-victimization. Negative energy expended on others just drains your resources and robs you of the chance to fulfil your God-given potential. Stop cheating yourself. Don’t surrender your power to your grudges!
2) Bitterness. It’s like a deadly poison; a little of it can contaminate your entire system. The hurt you harbor pollutes the stream of your daily experience, including your experience with God!
3) Isolation. There’s no joy in being around someone who constantly indulges in blame, defensiveness and anger. Others pick up the vibes and feel at risk, so they keep a safe distance in case they become a target in the event that they displease you. It’s a formula for isolation and self-induced loneliness.
4) Negative role-modelling. Maybe you think, ‘My feelings are nobody’s business!’ Maybe—if you live on a desert island. Grudges are highly communicable. ‘…Watch out that no poisonous root of bitterness grows up…corrupting many’ (Hebrews 12:15 NLT).
5) Sabotaged repentance. Genuine repentance and forgiveness aren’t possible until you’re willing to face up to your grudges. If you’re still blaming others, you’re avoiding responsibility. A bad attitude is like a flat tire—until you change it, you’re not going to get anywhere.
‘Love…keeps no record of being wronged’ 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 NLT
ENCOURAGEMENT 4 TODAY
Matthew 17:5; 4:4; romans 10:17; John 14:12-14; Mark 9:23
This is my beloved son, with whom I am well pleased listen to him! Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God! For faith comes from hearing, & hearing through the word of Christ! for truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘move from here to there’ & it will move, & nothing will be impossible for you! Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, & whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven! Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; & greater works than these will he do! Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do! If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it! If you can! All things are possible for one who believes!
We have such amazing promises! God tells us to only believe & be found binding & loosing things on earth & heaven! He tells us to go out & do even greater works than He did! Your faith grows by hearing & believing His word! Seek Him today! Never delay!