CONFRONTATION HAS ITS REWARDS
The Bible says, ‘Do not reject the Lord’s discipline, and don’t get angry when He corrects you. The Lord corrects those He loves, just as parents correct the child they delight in’ (vv. 11-12 NCV). Because God loves you, when He sees things in your life that could potentially damage you and other people, He deals with them.
Paul writes, ‘Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God…’ (Romans 11:22 NKJV). God will deal with you gently, but if you don’t listen He may have to deal with you severely. That’s because He has too much invested in you to let you fail.
Not only does God confront us, He also expects us to confront one another when we’re in the wrong. Paul stood up to Peter, his fellow leader, in front of Jewish and Gentile believers because the issue was important to their mission’s success (Galatians 2:14).
Healthy confrontation results in six things:
1) Clarification. You get a better understanding of the person and what happened.
2) Change. Hopefully improvement will come from it—and the improvement may be in you!
3) An improved relationship. Handled correctly, confrontation will deepen your relationship with the other person.
4) Purity. As word gets out, the organization will be purified and sobered.
5) Respect. People will appreciate and respect your leadership even more.
6) Security. They’ll feel safe knowing that you’re strong enough to take a stand when it counts. People want a leader who says, ‘When there’s a problem I’ll deal with it directly, promptly, and respectfully. I’ll help correct the situation and get us back on track.’
‘…do not reject the Lord’s discipline…’ Proverbs 3:11 NCV
ECOURAGEMENT 4 TODAY
I count everything loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord!
That I may gain Christ & be found in Him!
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make Christ my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own!
I do not consider myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do forgetting what lies behind straining forward to what lies ahead I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore as many as are mature think this way only let us hold true to what we have attained. Join in imitating me & keep your eyes on those who walk according to the example you have in us.
To know Christ more today is better than anything! You are called to set an example for others to follow! Look to Christ and seek Him today! Never delay!