Concerned About Your Weight?
Here are seven principles for dealing with a weight problem:
1) Realize that your body is not your own. ‘…your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you…therefore glorify God in your body’ (vv. 19-20 NKJV). Remind yourself that you’re the manager of a body God has entrusted you with, to do His will each day.
2) Keep a food journal to determine how much you’re eating, or not eating. Focus on eating foods that help your body, and avoid or minimize foods that hurt it.
3) Listen to the concerns of your loved ones.
4) Check your weight against the standard weight charts to see if you’re at a significant variation. It’s easier to lose fifteen pounds than fifty.
5) Instead of going on repeated diets, write down the kinds of food you will and won’t eat, and the portions. Yes, it will take time for your new discipline to take root and your will to strengthen. However, each day you do it, your self-control will increase until you start feeling so good about yourself that your old appetite begins to lose its grip on you.
6) Avoid fat-phobic people with a judgmental attitude toward those who are overweight. Often they’re just masking their own insecurities and reinforcing your distorted self-image.
7) Stay the course. You may have several ups and downs, but with determination and God’s help you’ll get on the road to freedom. ‘You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised’ (Hebrews 10:36 NIV).
‘…Glorify God in your body…’ 1 Corinthians 6:20 NKJV
ENCOURAGEMENT 4 TODAY
1 Corinthians 3:9, 10, 16, 17; 2 Timothy 2:21; Isaiah 52:11; 1 John 3:2,3
You are God’s field, God’s building! Let each one take care how he builds upon it.
You are God’s temple and God’s spirit dwells in you! God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple!
If anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.
Touch no unclean thing, purify yourselves, you who bear the vessels of the Lord!
Beloved, we are God’s children now! When he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure!
Dear friends, purify your vessel today & God has promised he will set you apart as holy, useful to the master & ready for every good work! There is so much good work to be done! Let your field be found clean! Be encouraged to cleanse yourself today! Never delay!