Are You Afraid of Losing Someone?
Who’s the one person whose death you dread most?
Is it causing you anxiety?
If so, begin to put these things into practice:
1) Ask God for the grace to accept death as an inevitable part of life. Both you and your loved one will eventually die, and no one but God knows who’s going to do so first. Therefore, worrying about something outside your control only robs you of your peace and joy.
2) Maximize each moment. If you knew the exact date of your loved one’s departure, what would you wish you’d done? Or not done? Would you take that trip you’ve always talked about? Would you be less critical and more complimentary? Would you spend more time with them, and tell them more often that you love them?
3) Don’t give another moment of your time to silly arguments and little irritations.
4) Make every effort to be sure your loved one is in right standing with God. Then you can be assured they’re at peace, and that you’ll spend eternity together.
5) Remember, your loved one is God’s loved one, too. And He loves them even more than you do. When the time comes, God will be right there with you. ‘Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me…’ (Psalms 23:4 KJV).
6) Try to picture your loved one in heaven. Jesus said, ‘…I go to prepare a place for you…that where I am, there ye may be also’ (John 14:2-3 KJV). The parting will only be momentary, but the reunion will be forever.
‘…You will be missed, because your seat will be empty.’ 1 Samuel 20:18 NIV
ENCOURAGEMENT 4 TODAY
I sought the Lord & he answered me & delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant & their faces shall never be ashamed. Oh, taste & see that the Lord is good! The young lions suffer want & hunger; but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous & his ears toward their cry. When the righteous cry for help the lord hears & delivers them out of all their troubles! The Lord is near to the brokenhearted & saves the crushed in spirit!
God directs our lives perfectly to teach us to seek his face! He has promised you everything if only you would look to the savior today! He is teaching you to cry out to him. If you’re brokenhearted today, look & you will see the lord Jesus Christ! Seek him & you will lack nothing! God will save you out of all your troubles! He has promised & he cannot lie! Trust & seek him today! Never delay!